Monday, July 4, 2011

Big Dreams

So I have been stuck on this idea of buying land. Really it's not a far fetched idea as land prices are really down and it is a "buyers market" as they say. At least I think that is what they say, haha.

Dad and I drove around yesterday looking at some properties and I fould two which I really like. The two that we looked at backed the George Washington National Forest. Both were in the same subdivision or whatever you might want to call it.

The one on Mockingbird Lane had a great view.
The lot was more hilly and somewhat steep in spots. We did not get out to walk around so I'm not sure what direction the 4 1/2 acres included. The downside to this lot is that it is pretty far from the main paved road. All of this area is gravel road, which is fine, however I'm not looking to drive too terribly far on one when it's icy. The upside is that it has this great view. If you took down another few feet of trees on each side you could see even more. However in doing that you're adding more work.

The second lot is on Cardinal Lane. It's 3 acres however the lot is level. There isn't really a view like the last one had as it is closer to the main road but it is forested and nice. The fact that it is flat sounds great to me. It's only the 4th or so lot back from the main road so that means less driving on the gravel. In talking to someone who lives here they said that the lots around that one are vacation rentals. That is kind of nice since no one would be there year around. Not that you can really see the houses through the woods anyway. Not a very nice picture but here it is.


There are several more lots that I would be interested in looking at. Basically all of this is just a big dream but I see it as a pretty good investment. Even if I did buy land we wouldn't build any time soon. If I'm building a house I want a "forever house". One that I don't ever have to worry about being to small or too large because I don't want to move a million times. If we would never build on it that is fine too. Eventually land prices have to come up and we could make money off of selling it. I see it as an investment either way. While I'm dreaming I'll show you my dreamhouse :-)


Portsmouth"B" House Plan
Nice huh? I just love it. Who wouldn't haha! Now I just have to wait till Grant comes down and gets a feel for the lots. Hey, maybe he will love one as much as I do! Lets hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love