Friday, February 15, 2013

Busy Bee's


February has been such a busy month. I know it even looks like I managed to post twice in one day, the truth is that I wrote that post last week and finally finished it today. Haha. So let's break down February thus far.

 The first weekend of the month was Grants pharmacy school formal. It was fun but every year I have the exact same thoughts: these people are going to be doctors?! I mean that lightheartedly, I really do. Everyone needs to have fun but this is a set of people that sure know how to do it.


So, right after my birthday is Grant's on the 9th. I know, I know... It's a bit weird being the older woman by 4 whole days. I was so excited after googling ideas for cakes and what our cake baker was able to come up with. The lady that made Grant's birthday cake is the same that is going to make our wedding cake. We wanted to try out potential wedding cake flavors and man oh man, it was yummy. I can't give everything away. After all you've seen several things but I can't tell you the cake flavor! Haha.


After the cake and other things we went out for the evening which was fun. We were excited because we were supposed to see one of our favorite bands play but it something happened that they couldn't make it. The band that replaced them was pretty terrible but the 2 for 1 drinks helped to make up for it. We ended up having a decent enough time that the night ended up in Grant putting Buddha in Cory's fish tank.
He was quite proud of this accomplishment. Buddha has quite a story of his own. I am happy to report that he will be living with Cory after Grant and I get married.

Earlier in the day we met up with Grant's grandfather, "pappy". Pappy is such a sweet man. He heard that I was looking for a Hoosier Cabinet and low and behold he is completely refinishing one for me as a birthday present. I am SO stinking excited. Here's a picture of the base.


It's being stripped of the old paint then it will be repainted it's original colors. White on the outside and a green color on the inside. I am all over vintage so I am SUPER excited. I love how this one has the two center drawers. I haven't seen one quite like it. I wish I had a picture of the top cabinet, it is lovely with glass doors. Every kitchen we have had has seriously lacked cabinet space so I am looking forward to extra storage space. I am thinking of keeping all of my baking stuff in the bottom. I haven't quite figured out how to best use the tops. My mother-in-law to be uses hers for spices and cookbooks. I suppose we shall see once it is finished and in place. I cannot believe how lucky I am to have found not only such a great husband to be but great in laws as well.

Last but not least- Valentines day:
I made my kiddo's these Pinterest inspired treats.
You know 5th graders... A good majority of them loved them and a few could care less.

Today I only worked a half day. It turns out that I have strep. My students love to share all of the wrong things. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love